Recipe by little_wing
That name is a mouthful, I know! But a tasty mouthful. If you've never tried jicama, here is your chance! This a bit time consuming but you can easily make the dressing ahead of time. You can also do the tortilla strips ahead and store in a airtight container, or omit them altogether and use store-bought tortilla chips.
Top Review by Fran6
I loved this salad - very exotic, like something you'd get in a fancy restaurant. I used a bag of fancy lettuces - you know the ones with the odd shapes and colors! :-) I did add some cumin to the vinaigrette, and used ancho chile powder for the red chile powder. And since I had leftover chicken from recipe #100843 - Tequila Grilled Chicken - I used that. Thanks! (PS I forgot to star this initially - don't know if this review will post twice.)
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh cilantro
- 59.14 ml orange juice
- 29.58 ml lime juice
- 14.79-29.58 ml tequila
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 14.79-29.58 ml honey
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 0.59 ml ground red pepper
corn tortilla strips
- 4 (24 inch) corn tortillas, cut into 1/2-inch wide strips
- 2.46 ml ground cumin
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml paprika
- 0.25 ml ground red pepper
- 59.14 ml orange juice
- 59.14 ml low sodium soy sauce
- 9.85 ml minced garlic
- 3.69 ml chili powder
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 small jicama, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 1 medium mango, peeled and diced
- 170.09 g bag mixed salad greens
Directions See How It's Made
- For vinaigrette:.
- Combine all ingredients and whisk until thoroughly combined. Chill until ready to use.
- For Tortilla strips:.
- Place strips in large bowl and spray with cooking spray, tossing to coat.
- Combine seasonings and sprinkle over strips, tossing to coat.
- Fry in oil until lightly browned or spread over cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 8 minutes. They will get crispy as they cool.
- For Chicken:.
- Combine marinade ingredients in large zip-loc bag.
- Add chicken and marinate at least 2 hrs, turning bag occasionally.
- Preheat grill.
- Remove chicken from bag and discard marinade.
- Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 tsp salt.
- Grill 5 minutes on each side or until done.
- Cut meat into 1/2" slices.
- For Salad:.
- Combine jicama, mango and greens in large bowl.
- Pour vinaigrette over salad and toss to coat.
- Divide into servings and top with chicken and tortilla strips.
- Whew! Sit down and enjoy it all with a frozen margarita that someone else fixed!