1/5 Photos of Chicken, Mango & Jicama Salad W Tequila-Lime Vinaigrette
2 hrs 40 mins
That name is a mouthful, I know! But a tasty mouthful. If you've never tried jicama, here is your chance! This a bit time consuming but you can easily make the dressing ahead of time. You can also do the tortilla strips ahead and store in a airtight container, or omit them altogether and use store-bought tortilla chips.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 -2 tablespoon tequila
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
corn tortilla strips
- 4 (6 inch) corn tortillas, cut into 1/2-inch wide strips
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 dash ground red pepper
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1For vinaigrette:.
- 2Combine all ingredients and whisk until thoroughly combined. Chill until ready to use.
- 3For Tortilla strips:.
- 4Place strips in large bowl and spray with cooking spray, tossing to coat.
- 5Combine seasonings and sprinkle over strips, tossing to coat.
- 6Fry in oil until lightly browned or spread over cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 8 minutes. They will get crispy as they cool.
- 7For Chicken:.
- 8Combine marinade ingredients in large zip-loc bag.
- 9Add chicken and marinate at least 2 hrs, turning bag occasionally.
- 10Preheat grill.
- 11Remove chicken from bag and discard marinade.
- 12Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 tsp salt.
- 13Grill 5 minutes on each side or until done.
- 14Cut meat into 1/2" slices.
- 15For Salad:.
- 16Combine jicama, mango and greens in large bowl.
- 17Pour vinaigrette over salad and toss to coat.
- 18Divide into servings and top with chicken and tortilla strips.
- 19Whew! Sit down and enjoy it all with a frozen margarita that someone else fixed!
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken, Mango & Jicama Salad W Tequila-Lime Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (298 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 296.7
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 605.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 13.8 g
- Protein 27.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed salad greens