1/2 Photos of Chicken, Mango, and Rice Salad
This is an awesome summer salad. The mix of the ingredients may seem odd, but I promise you everyone I have served it to has loved it. Hopefully you will, too. The Mango gives just enough sweetness to the dish, and the many textures and flavors work well together. You may adjust the amounts to your liking. I tend to like more fruit and cilantro with less rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 354.88 ml uncooked rice, preferably short grain
- 603.27 g boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 29.58 ml oil
- 6.16 ml salt
- 3.69 ml fresh ground pepper
- 177.44 ml chopped red onion
- 1 mango, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1 avocado, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 51.76 ml lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 177.44 ml chopped cilantro
- 1Cook rice until done, and rinse with cold water.
- 2Coat chicken with 1 tbs. of the oil and season with 1/4 teaspoons of the S/P.
- 3Cook chicken until done.
- 4When chicken is cool enough to handle, dice into 1/2-inch pieces.
- 5Toss the rice, chicken, onion, mango, avocado, and rest of the oil (1 tbs), remaining salt and pepper, lime juice, and cilantro.
- 6Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
- 7Revision: Since posting this recipe, I have been trying to cut back on consuming empty carbohydrates. So when I make this now I use little to no rice, and fill it with more of the other ingredients. It is still very good, especially after marinating for a while.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken, Mango, and Rice Salad
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 321.8
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 48.4 mg
- Sodium 455.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 19.5 g