Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Fantastic quesadilla combination from Chatelaine Magazine with a delightful fusion of spicy and sweet flavors.
- 2 1⁄2 cups deli cooked chicken (1/2 chicken)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 1 mango, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup brie cheese, diced
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons pickled jalapeno peppers, finely chopped and patted dry
- 1⁄2 cup regular sour cream
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- Shred chicken into thin strips.
- Set a large non-stick frying pan over medium, brush with oil and lay a tortilla in frying pan.
- Scatter 1/4 portion each of chicken, mango, brie, cilantro and jalapeno over half of tortilla.
- Fold tortilla to enclose filling and cook until underside is golden, about 2 minute.
- Flip and continue until other side is golden, about 2 more minute.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling ingredients (Keep cooked quesadillas warm in a 350F oven while making the others.
- Stir sour cream with lime zest and juice in a small bowl.
- Slice each quesadilla into 4 wedges and serve with sour cream dip.
I made this recipe to use up a mango and some leftover roast chicken. We absolutely loved it! I used dried coriander instead of fresh cilantro and a finely chopped fresh jalapeno pepper instead of the pickled variety and it was still good. I will definitely make this dish again!