Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
From "Grand Slam" of the "Best of Bridge" series. This was a group of ladies in Canada who, many years ago, formed a bridge group in which the cards and food seemed to share equal importance. They decided to put some of their wonderful recipes into a cook book which was published and proved to be a huge succes. They went on to produce at least 5 more cookbooks and it seems they are still friends! I still go to my "Best of Bridge" cookbooks for ideas.
- 3 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon powder, dissolved in
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 -3 teaspoons curry powder, more to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, dissoved in
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can apricots, with juice
- Shake chicken in flour and brown in oil.
- Set in a casserole dish.
- In a bowl, combine remaining ingredients and pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
I make this all the time, but I do add onions and green or red peppers cut up as well. Serve it over rice and it's awesome!
This was a great recipe; almost no work and we all enjoyed it; froze one meal from it and that turned out well too.