Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
Nice to be had hot(when made), very tasty and goes great with fried rice.
Top Review by Mirj
This recipe came up for me in the Recipezaar Russian Roulette. I doubled the recipe to make enough to feed everyone. I left out the oyster sauce (we don't eat oysters) and just added more soy sauce and some brown sugar. Served it over some steamed rice with some cabbage salad on the side. Pretty good, we'll have it again! Thanks Charishma!
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into small cubes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons cornflour
- oil (for deep frying)
For the sauce
- 2 chopped green chilies
- 2 inches chopped ginger
- 1⁄4 cup soya sauce
- 1⁄4 cup tomato ketchup
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornflour, mixed in 1/2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash chicken cubes.
- Mix with salt, pepper, egg and cornflour.
- Heat wok with oil and deep fry each piece of chicken.
- Remove and keep aside.
- In another wok, take 4 tbsp of oil.
- When hot add the chopped chillies, ginger and garlic.
- Fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the sauces.
- Stir for a minute.
- Add 1 cup of water and bring to a boil.
- Add the fried chicken pieces.
- If more gravy is needed, add another half cup of water.
- Bring it to a boil.
- Mix the cornflour into the chicken gravy.
- Stir continuously till a thick gravy is obtained.
- Season with salt if need be and serve with fried rice and soup.