Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
Serve with a salad and you're done!
- 5 ounces manchego cheese or 1 cup manchego cheese
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds (optional)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 3⁄4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning
- Dice cheese and red peppers into small bite-size pieces.
- Zest/grate lemon peel (no white).
- Combine cheese, red peppers, lemon zest, almonds, 3 tablespoons olive oil, oregano, salt, pepper, and red pepper; let stand 15–20 minutes for flavors to blend.
- Preheat grill pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Coat chicken with 1 tablespoon olive oil; sprinkle with lemon pepper (wash hands). Place chicken in pan; grill 4–5 minutes on each side or until 165 degrees.
- Slice chicken; top with cheese mixture and serve.