Recipe by Iron Woman
A favorite Filipino chicken soup. You can substitute chicken for pork or beef if you like.
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 lb chinese-style thick wheat noodles (or substitute for 1/4 lb. wide egg noodles)
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken
- 1 hard-boiled egg, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a skillet and fry the crushed garlic until it is golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels, mince into fine pieces and set aside.
- Put the Chinese-style noodles (mami) in warm salted water to separate them. If using dried egg noodles, cook in salted, boiling water until the noodles are just tender.
- In a saucepan, bring the chicken broth to a boil. Stir in the fish sauce, then add salt and pepper.
- Pour the broth into each bowl and garnish with fried garlic.