1/1 Photo of Chicken Malai Kebab
3 hrs 30 mins
Chef Patience's Note:
This dish sounds simple and wonderful! I have cut the amount of chillies in this recipe by ¾. I like mildly spiced dishes. If you wish for more bite, then increase the chillies to 8, or whatever your preference. This recipe is from “The Indian Menu Planner”.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs boneless chicken, cut into strips
- 3 tablespoons ginger paste
- 7 teaspoons garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon white pepper, finely ground
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 green chilies, finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons coriander, ground
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 teaspoon mace, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1If you are using wooden or bamboo skewers, be sure to soak them in water (read the package directions) so that they don’t splinter or burn on you.
- 2Mix together the Ginger, Garlic, Salt and Pepper. Rub this mix into the Chicken and set aside for at least 15 minute.
- 3Mix together the Egg, Cheese, Chillies, Coriander, Cream, Mace, Nutmeg and Cornstarch. Rub this mixture into the Chicken as well. Marinade for a minimum of 3 hours.
- 4Thread the Chicken strips onto the skewers. If you are putting more than one piece on a skewer, leave them spaced about 1 in apart.
- 5Grill the kebabs for 5 min, or roast in the oven @ 275 degrees, or place in the rotisserie according to appliance directions.
- 6If you are using the rotisserie, you may roast them until they are done.
- 7If you are grilling or oven roasting them, remove them from the heat and place them on a rack to allow the excess liquid to drip off. Then roast again for 3 minutes.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Malai Kebab
Serving Size: 1 (311 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 654.0
- Calories from Fat 425
- Total Fat 47.3 g
- Saturated Fat 17.5 g
- Cholesterol 263.7 mg
- Sodium 233.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 47.1 g