Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs 30 mins
This dish sounds simple and wonderful! I have cut the amount of chillies in this recipe by ¾. I like mildly spiced dishes. If you wish for more bite, then increase the chillies to 8, or whatever your preference. This recipe is from “The Indian Menu Planner”.
- 2 lbs boneless chicken, cut into strips
- 3 tablespoons ginger paste
- 7 teaspoons garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon white pepper, finely ground
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 green chilies, finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons coriander, ground
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mace, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- If you are using wooden or bamboo skewers, be sure to soak them in water (read the package directions) so that they don’t splinter or burn on you.
- Mix together the Ginger, Garlic, Salt and Pepper. Rub this mix into the Chicken and set aside for at least 15 minute.
- Mix together the Egg, Cheese, Chillies, Coriander, Cream, Mace, Nutmeg and Cornstarch. Rub this mixture into the Chicken as well. Marinade for a minimum of 3 hours.
- Thread the Chicken strips onto the skewers. If you are putting more than one piece on a skewer, leave them spaced about 1 in apart.
- Grill the kebabs for 5 min, or roast in the oven @ 275 degrees, or place in the rotisserie according to appliance directions.
- If you are using the rotisserie, you may roast them until they are done.
- If you are grilling or oven roasting them, remove them from the heat and place them on a rack to allow the excess liquid to drip off. Then roast again for 3 minutes.
Yummy and interesting flavours. I cut the chillies a little so Little Miss (DD) was able to eat it and use an egg replacer. We cooked the kebabs using a Griddle Pan, served with steam rice and simple salad. Thank you Chef Patience - *Made for Zaar World Tour 4*