Recipe by Tori Jarvis
(Southern India) marinated chicken thighs. This recipe is so delicious- every time I take it to a dinner party EVERYONE asks for the recipe. Don't let the prunes scare you and whatever you do, don't leave them out. Just try the recipe as it is the first time--I promise you will love it.
Top Review by scancan
I had been wanting to try this recipe for a long time because it seemed like it would have lots of exotic flavor. I really wish I could say that I loved it but truthfully it was just too overwhelming. If I were to make it again I would cut down the wine to 1/3 of a cup, leave out the vinegar, use only 2 bay leaves and only a tablespoon of oregano. I like all these ingredients individually but in those quantities it made the chicken taste pickled with lots of oregano taste which was a bit much for me, so bottom line not horrible but too intense as is. Sorry :(
- 16 chicken boneless skinless chicken thighs, quarter each thigh
- 1 head fresh garlic (approx.10 lg cloves)
- 1⁄4 cup dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup pitted prune, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green olives, sliced (I used pimento stuffed olives)
- 1 (4 ounce) bottle capers, with juice
- 6 bay leaves
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all except brown sugar and white wine & marinate overnight.
- Next day:.
- Dissolve 1 cup brown sugar in 1 cup white wine. Gently mix into marinated chicken and bake in preheated 350°F oven 1 hour or until done.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro ~1/4 cup or so.
- Serve with white Rrice.