Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
(Southern India) marinated chicken thighs. This recipe is so delicious- every time I take it to a dinner party EVERYONE asks for the recipe. Don't let the prunes scare you and whatever you do, don't leave them out. Just try the recipe as it is the first time--I promise you will love it.
- 16 chicken boneless skinless chicken thighs, quarter each thigh
- 1 head fresh garlic (approx.10 lg cloves)
- 1⁄4 cup dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup pitted prune, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green olives, sliced (I used pimento stuffed olives)
- 1 (4 ounce) bottle capers, with juice
- 6 bay leaves
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white wine
- Combine all except brown sugar and white wine & marinate overnight.
- Next day:.
- Dissolve 1 cup brown sugar in 1 cup white wine. Gently mix into marinated chicken and bake in preheated 350°F oven 1 hour or until done.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro ~1/4 cup or so.
- Serve with white Rrice.