Recipe by The Flying Chef
This chicken is so full of flavour it is great as is, I served mine with a subtle lemon, mustard sauce which was lovely. If you are after a quick light meal that tastes great, scrap the cakes and just serve with some roasted baby vine tomatoes, a meal that can be on the table in about 35 Min's.
Top Review by Sarah
This was a delicious recipe. I made as written and the chicken turned out very flavourfull and moist. I wasn't sure what the cakes were you refer to in the introduction, but we just had the chicken with the vine tomatoes and they were a great accompaniment. Definitely one I will be making again, thanks for posting.
- 600 g baby vine-ripened tomatoes
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons basil pesto, more if you like
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, and drained
- 250 g mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 30 g baby spinach leaves (that is just a guess I use 5-6 leaves per breast.)
- 8 slices prosciutto
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- Slice sun dried tomatoes thinly, allow 2 per breast.
- Open chicken breast out and pound with a meat mallet until about 1/4 inch thick.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of pesto over each breast, top with tomatoes, spinach and sliced cheese. Fold chicken over to cover filling, wrap with 2 slices of prosciutto to enclose securely. Repeat with remaining breasts.
- Place chicken in an oven proof dish with vine tomatoes and cook in the oven for 25-30 Min's or until chicken is cooked through.
- To serve: Slice chicken and arrange on plate with tomatoes and serve with a side salad.