Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Turning otherwise humble ingredients into something really good is what I love about accidently coming up with my own recipes. I hope you try and enjoy it...its just plain good!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken tenders, diced
- 1 lb of pepper stir fry vegetables
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb mafalda pasta
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 cup parmasane cheese
- Boil pasta as indicated for aldente. Set aside.
- Heat skillet over medium. Use olive oil or non stick spray. Saute garlic, frozen veggies (BirdsEye frozen veggie section), and chicken until chicken is no longer pink. Set aside.
- Melt 6 tablespoons of butter in a saucepan. Add flour and cook for one minute. Using a whisk, incorporate milk, cream, and stock into the butter/flour mixture. Whisk on medium-high heat until thickened. Remove from heat adding 1/2 cup of cheese (reserving 1/4 cup of cheese for later) and spices.
- Combine pasta, cream sauce, and veggie/chicken mixture. Pour into greased 9x12 pan. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup of parmasane cheese. Bake at 375 for aprox. 20 minute or until bubbly.