Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Sautéed chicken breast with portabella mushrooms in a thyme, ginger Madeira wine sauce.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 large portabella mushroom, sliced
- 3 ounces madeira wine
- 3 ounces chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Place chicken between 2 pieces of saran wrap and Pound chicken till thin.
- Dredge chicken in flour.
- Heat oil in sauté pan and cook chicken evenly on both sides until done.
- Remove chicken and keep warm.
- In the same pan cook the mushrooms for 3 minutes.
- Add ginger, thyme, salt and pepper. Deglaze pan with wine and reduce by 2/3.
- Add chicken stock and reduce by 2/3.
- Remove from heat and add butter.
- Mix until creamy.
- Pour over chicken and serve.
Didn't have any madeira, so I used marsalla.