1/2 Photos of Chicken Madeira
Tried and True
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 asparagus spears
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1in a large skillet over medium heat olive oil.
- 2Cover each chicken breast with plastic wrap then use a mallet to flatten the chicken to about 1/4-inch thick.
- 3Sprinkle each fillet with salt and pepper.
- 4Sauté the chicken fillets for 4 to 6 minutes per side, or until the chicken has browned just a bit.
- 5Remove chicken fillets from the pan and wrap them together in foil to keep the fillets warm while you make the sauce.
- 6Don't clean the pan.
- 7You want all that cooked-on goodness to stay in the skillet to help make the sauce.
- 8With the heat still on medium, add two tablespoons of oil to the skillet.
- 9Add the sliced mushrooms and sauté for about two minutes.
- 10Add the madeira wine, beef stock, butter and pepper.
- 11Bring sauce to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes or until sauce has reduce to about 1/4 of its original volume.
- 12When the sauce is done it will have thickened and turned a dark brown color.
- 13As the sauce is simmering, bring a medium saucepan filled about halfway with water to a boil.
- 14Add a little salt to the water.
- 15Toss the asparagus into the water and boil for 3 to 5 minutes, or until just tender.
- 16Drop the asparagus in a bowl of ice water.
- 17Set oven to broil.
- 18To Prepare the dish: Arrange the cooked chicken fillets on a baking pan.
- 19Cross two asparagus spears over each fillet, then cover each with a slice of mozzarella cheese.
- 20Broil the fillets for 3 to 4 minutes or until light brown spots begin to appear on the cheese.
- 21To serve: Arrange two chicken breasts on each plate, then spoon 3 or 4 tablespoons of madeira sauce over the chicken on each plate.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Madeira
Serving Size: 1 (522 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1011.5
- Calories from Fat 413
- Total Fat 45.9 g
- Saturated Fat 15.7 g
- Cholesterol 211.9 mg
- Sodium 1609.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 69.5 g