Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I came up with this recipe when I decided to make a nice meal for my Fiance and Father. They loved it, and so did I. For a juicier machaca, add 1/2 cup of salsa.
- Remove any excess fat from chicken breasts.
- Boil chicken and bell pepper for 10-15 minutes, or until easy to tear apart.
- Let chicken cool until only warm to the touch, then shred as thin and long as possible.
- On medium-high heat in a skillet, cook meat, tomatoes, pepper, and spices about 10 minutes, or until chicken turns slightly tomato colored.
- Serve hot with tortillas and beans.