I came up with this recipe when I decided to make a nice meal for my Fiance and Father. They loved it, and so did I. For a juicier machaca, add 1/2 cup of salsa.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove any excess fat from chicken breasts.
- 2Boil chicken and bell pepper for 10-15 minutes, or until easy to tear apart.
- 3Let chicken cool until only warm to the touch, then shred as thin and long as possible.
- 4On medium-high heat in a skillet, cook meat, tomatoes, pepper, and spices about 10 minutes, or until chicken turns slightly tomato colored.
- 5Serve hot with tortillas and beans.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Machaca
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 148.3
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 377.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 28.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Menudo Spice Mix