Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I discovered this recipe on "The Regis and Kathie Lee Show" many, many years ago. It was a dish at one of Regis' favorite restaurants called La Strata East. Not sure if the restaurant is still in business . . . was unable to find it after an online search. I've been making this dish for years, but I can't remember the significance of the name. It is one of my favorite things to make when company comes, especially because it's a one dish meal and you can assemble it ahead of time. Can also be made on top of the stove in a 12" skillet, cooking an additional 30 minutes.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken cutlets, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 Italian sausage, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 4 potatoes, cut into cubes
- 2 green peppers, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 12 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Combine all ingredients in a large baking dish.
- Mix well to combine.
- Cover with aluminum foil, venting with a few knife slits.
- Bake for one hour, stirring occasionally, and removing cover for the last 15 minutes of cooking to brown potatoes and chicken.
Very good. I made this and we ate half and froze half. I left the wine out of the half we froze. I pulled the other half out of the freezer today added the wine and it was better than the first half. I think its because it marinaded for awhile. The house smelled absolutely wonderful. This is excellent and I will make this again but will let it sit for a day or so in the refrigerator before I cook it. Thanks for the delicious recipe