Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is from Diners, Drive-ins and Dives from a place called Dots Back Inn. We tried another recipe which was not the same. This one we wrote down as the program aired.
- 1 (8 ounce) package angel hair pasta
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup onion, sliced
- 5 garlic cloves
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 (8 ounce) package frozen artichokes
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 large tomatoes, diced
- 8 ounces feta
- kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cook pasta in salted boiling water til andante.
- Heat the olive oil in large skillet over med-high heat.
- Add garlic and onion and saute for 3 minutes or until the onion is soft.
- Add the chicken to the skillet and cook until the chicken is done.
- Add the artichokes, salt & pepper & white wine.
- Toss and coat everything.
- Sprinkle feta cheese on top.
- Place in the oven until the feta starts to melt.
- Remove and add the chopped tomatoes on top. Spring onion can also be added to the top. Toss and serve.
I made this pretty much as described. It was easy to make. I did watch the tv show, Diners and Drive Ins and so I had some of it in my memory. I used marinated artichokes in a jar and didn't measure the wine. All my family ate it up which is very unusual! I will definately make this again. It might go well with tofu.
I saw this on DD&D as well, and searched for the recipe. It is delicious! The only change I made was to double the amount of white wine (we really like white wine) and use marinated artichokes in a jar (the extra spices really add something nice). Something about the melted feta is just amazing. We make this at least a couple of times a month, we love it so much.
I saw the episode of DD&D with this meal and I had to have it! It was pretty good, I think we'll experiment with more or different veggies next time. I'm thinking asparagus will fit right in. My picky three year old ate all of it.