Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Quick and delicious comfort food. My gang doesn't care for mushrooms, so I leave them out. Enjoy! (The prep time doesn't include cooking pasta or chicken.)
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 1⁄4 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 2 1⁄4 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned peas, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup fine breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Drain mushrooms; save liquid. Add water to mushroom liquid to make 2/3 cup.
- In a frying pan, brown mushrooms in butter. Add soup, mushrooms, mushroom liquid, and cheese. Mix well. Heat until cheese melts. Remove from heat.
- Add macaroni, chicken, peas, and seasoning. Mix lightly. Pour into a casserole dish.
- Combine breadcrumbs and melted butter. Sprinkle over mixture in casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Made this for Spring PAC '07. This was pretty good and an easy weeknight meal. We love mushrooms so I did add them but I only added 4oz. I think I would have liked a little more sauce because it seemed dry so I think next time I'd just add another can of soup and a dash of milk. Still not a bad recipe though so Thank's so much for posting!