Recipe by BamaBelle30
Quick and delicious comfort food. My gang doesn't care for mushrooms, so I leave them out. Enjoy! (The prep time doesn't include cooking pasta or chicken.)
Top Review by MTpockets
Made this for Spring PAC '07. This was pretty good and an easy weeknight meal. We love mushrooms so I did add them but I only added 4oz. I think I would have liked a little more sauce because it seemed dry so I think next time I'd just add another can of soup and a dash of milk. Still not a bad recipe though so Thank's so much for posting!
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 1⁄4 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 2 1⁄4 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned peas, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup fine breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain mushrooms; save liquid. Add water to mushroom liquid to make 2/3 cup.
- In a frying pan, brown mushrooms in butter. Add soup, mushrooms, mushroom liquid, and cheese. Mix well. Heat until cheese melts. Remove from heat.
- Add macaroni, chicken, peas, and seasoning. Mix lightly. Pour into a casserole dish.
- Combine breadcrumbs and melted butter. Sprinkle over mixture in casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.