Prep 6 mins
Cook 30 mins
I put together this recipe when I was desperate for something to cook for dinner. The twist is using coconut milk instead of regular milk.
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut cream
- 2 cups mild cheddar cheese
- 4 cups cooked macaroni (still toothsome)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium. Add onion and brown.
- Add soup, coconut milk, chicken, cheese and seasonings. Heat until cheese melted.
- Pour the sauce over the cooked macaroni and pour into a 13x9x2 pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.