- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 3⁄4 lb American cheese, cubed
- 1 lb elbow macaroni, cooked
- 3 cups chicken, cooked, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in large saucepan.
- Stir in flour.
- Add cream and half of broth, stir until smooth.
- Cook and stir until thickened; aprox 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat; add cheese and stir until melted. Add macaroni, chicken, seasonings, and additional broth.
- Pour into baking dish. Bake uncovered about 40 minutes, at 350 degrees.