Southern Living: a simple homey casserole my kids like.
Make and share this Chicken-Macaroni Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- In a large skillet over med-high heat, saute onions in butter until onions are tender.
- Add in soup and 1 ½ cups cheese; gradually stir in milk.
- Cook over medium heat until cheese melts; stir in chicken and macaroni; taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Transfer mixture to a greased 2 ½ quart casserole; sprinkle with cracker crumbs.
- Bake in a preheated 350° oven for 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Top with remaining ½ cup cheese and bake 5 minutes.