Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Tried it a long time ago - marked it "GOOD" in the church cook book! Came from a lovely Mennonite quilter and good cook in Southwest Ontario. Now I need the carb count so I can make it again for my diabetic son.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Dice onion, brown in pan with butter.
- Add in chicken breasts, cook thoroughly.
- Dice chicken.
- Put into 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Add uncooked macaroni and cheese.
- Mix milk, soups and chicken broth, pour over chicken.
- Can make the day before and refrigerate up to 24 hours.
- Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees.
Very simple and very good. We really enjoyed the crunch of the onions in this casserole. I think that some mushrooms might be really good in this too - but then again - I try to add mushrooms to everything, lol. Thanks HeidiRenee for a nice comfort dinner. Made for PAC Fall 2008.
Really, really good. Modified it a little as I only had cream of mushroom soup and 1 cup of milk. Didn't seem to effect it too much - still very creamy. Make sure to get all macaroni underneath the creamy mixture or else they'll still be hard and add an unexpected crunch. Awesome recipe.
Fixed this for daughter's family. She took recipe to share sith friends at work.