Recipe by HeidiRenee
Tried it a long time ago - marked it "GOOD" in the church cook book! Came from a lovely Mennonite quilter and good cook in Southwest Ontario. Now I need the carb count so I can make it again for my diabetic son.
Top Review by lazyme
Very simple and very good. We really enjoyed the crunch of the onions in this casserole. I think that some mushrooms might be really good in this too - but then again - I try to add mushrooms to everything, lol. Thanks HeidiRenee for a nice comfort dinner. Made for PAC Fall 2008.
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 chicken breasts, cooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups macaroni, uncooked
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 lb cheddar cheese, cubed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Dice onion, brown in pan with butter.
- Add in chicken breasts, cook thoroughly.
- Dice chicken.
- Put into 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Add uncooked macaroni and cheese.
- Mix milk, soups and chicken broth, pour over chicken.
- Can make the day before and refrigerate up to 24 hours.
- Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees.