1/3 Photos of Chicken Macaroni Casserole
1 hr 15 mins
I found this recipe while browsing through my Betty Crocker cookbook and thought it sounded tasty. I love that you don't have to pre-cook the pasta. The original recipe called for curry powder but I also like it with chili powder for something totally different (if using chili powder, you will want to double the amount). Also a good use for that leftover holiday turkey!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken or 1 1/2 cups cooked turkey
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup milk (I use skim)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder or 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup (I use low sodium, 98% fat free)
- 7 ounces elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom pieces, undrained
- 1 (2 ounce) jar diced pimentos, undrained
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Mix all ingredients together in an ungreased 11"x7" casserole dish.
- 3Cover and bake until macaroni is tender, about 55 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Macaroni Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 516.1
- Calories from Fat 184
- Total Fat 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 83.8 mg
- Sodium 1077.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 31.9 g