This recipe was originally printed in a Campbell's Soup cookbook--Easy Ways to Delicious Meals, 1970 edition. I began preparing this for my family and it became a favorite. Definitely a kid and budget pleaser. Over the years I made some adjustments.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Brown the onion in butter.
- Add the soup, chicken, milk and 3/4 cup cheese; heat until the cheese melts.
- Pour the sauce over the cooked macaroni and pour into a 1 1/2 quart casserole that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until hot.