Recipe by PaulaG
This recipe was originally printed in a Campbell's Soup cookbook--Easy Ways to Delicious Meals, 1970 edition. I began preparing this for my family and it became a favorite. Definitely a kid and budget pleaser. Over the years I made some adjustments.
Top Review by singlejess1
I had some frozen shredded chicken to use and wanted a quick and easy meal. I used a can of cream of mushroom b/c it was all I had and I used regular milk instead of the evaporated milk. I also added some Panko bread crumbs on top to give it a little crunch. My family of four ate the entire dish! There are no left-overs! It was a hit. I's basically baked macaroni and cheese with chicken in it, but the chicken definitely adds a good element to the dish!
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup (I use Healthy Request)
- 1 cup cooked chicken, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cooked macaroni
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Brown the onion in butter.
- Add the soup, chicken, milk and 3/4 cup cheese; heat until the cheese melts.
- Pour the sauce over the cooked macaroni and pour into a 1 1/2 quart casserole that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until hot.