Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
shells and cheese with chunked chicken breast- homestyle
Make and share this Chicken Mac and Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- In large pot boil water, add pinch of salt and a few drops canola oil.
- cook shells in boiling water for 5-6 minutes.
- drain, rinse and set aside.
- melt butter and sautee onion and garlic, remove 4 tablespoons butter.
- add white flour and reduce heat.
- add half and half.
- add shredded cheddar.
- when melted, stir in pasta and chicken.
- add salt and pepper to taste.
- crush salad croutons to powder in ziploc bag or between two bowls.
- add reserved butted and parmesan cheese.
- transfer pasta/cheese mix to 9x 13 baking pan.
- top with crouton and cheese mix.
- bake 350 for 12 minutes or till topping is browned.