Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
A delightfully different crock pot recipe for chicken. Serve it with some brown and wild rice, and a handful of sliced almonds on top.
- 6 ounces frozen orange juice concentrate, undiluted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, excess fat removed
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Combine thawed orange juice and marjoram in shallow dish.
- Dip each breast in orange juice mixture and put in Crock pot.
- Pour remaining sauce over breasts, then cover; cook on Low 7- 9 hours or on High: 4- 5 hours.
- Stir water and cornstarch together and then add to the sauce left in the crock pot at the end of the cooking time to thicken it.
I made this for company this evening and everyone enjoyed it! I served with rice, but unfortunately did not have any slivered almonds on hand. The steps did not include when to add the 1/4 cup water and the corstarch, but I assumed it was to be added at the end to thicken the sauce, so I did. Very nice crockpot recipe, Geema!
As excellent as it was easy. This is a great variation for crockpot chicken breasts. I followed the recipe exactly as written, and I wouldn't change a thing. Served it with rice and broccoli.
Learn from my mistake and do not make this recipe. My DH who will basically eat anything, said this was painful to finish, and my daughter refused to eat more than one bite. The chicken didn't really pick up an orange flavor. It was more like unseasoned baked chicken in a strange and unnaturally sweet orange liquid. This one will not be making it into my rotation.