Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is from a pamphlet of island favorites adapeted for the microwave. Chicken long rice is a lot like chicken noodle soup.
- 12 ounces long-grain rice
- 3 lbs chicken pieces
- 1 teaspoon minced gingerroot
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- Soak long rice in warm water for 30 minutes; cut into 2" pieces.
- Place chicken, ginger, garlic,& water into a 2 quart baking dish.
- Cook in microwave oven for 6 minutes.
- Rotate dish a half turn& cook 6 minutes more.
- Add long rice, salt,& soy sauce.
- Cook 8 minutes.
- Add green onions.