Recipe by Leslie Harper
I made this one day when I was about to starve to death. It's pretty simple and fast and it tasted great.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup peas
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (condensed)
- 1 1⁄2 cups broccoli
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 1 packaged puff pastry sheet
- 1⁄2 cup smoked gouda cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Put chicken in a baking dish and cover with soup. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- While chicken is baking, steam vegetables until tender.
- Remove chicken and let cool until it can be handles. Slice into 1/2 to 1 inch chunks.
- Increase oven temperature to 450.
- Mix vegetables with chicken. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Roll out pastry sheet and slick in half.
- Scoop spoonfuls of chicken in a row down the middle of each half.
- Sprinkle cheese over chicken and fold pastries over, sealing by pressing down edges with a fork.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheet 8-12 minutes.
- (You may have enough extra filling left over to make 1 or 2 more pastries.).