Recipe by Evie*
Adapted from Taste magazine, something for the barbecue. Prep time does not include 2 hours of chilling time.
- 700 g ground chicken
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground coriander seed
- 1 lime, zest of
- 1 red chili pepper, finely chopped
- oil (for cooking)
- lime wedge (to garnish)
- 24 ice cream sticks
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl mix the ground chicken, egg yolk and salt. Add the next 5 ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Shape into elongated patties of even size around the top half of the ice cream sticks, making them look like a lollipop.
- Place on a plate and chill for 2 hours.
- Cook patties on an oiled barbecue hotplate heated to medium and cook until golden brown and cooked through (keep patties lightly oiled during cooking to prevent them becoming dry).
- Serve hot with lime wedges and squeeze juice over.