Recipe by zeldaz51
Wedges of chicken and Asian seasonings, served at room temperature; meatloaf, Jaspanese-style! From The Japanese Cooking Class Cookbook.
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons minced leeks
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sake
- 1 small egg, slightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons white sesame seeds, dry toasted
- 4 sprigs watercress (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken through egg in a medium bowl, stirring to mix well.
- Heat oil in a small (8-inch) skillet over medium-low heat 1 minute; spread chicken mixture evenly in skillet (about 1/2 inch thick), smoothing top surface. Cook loaf until bottom is brown, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Cut loaf into 4 wedges; turn each wedge. Immediately sprinkle with sesame seeds. Cook until bottom is brown and chicken mixture is cooked through, another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes, then cut each wedge in half. Cool to room temperature and serve, garnished with watercress.