Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, cubed
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄2 lb mixed mushrooms, chopped
- 1 bunch scallion, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb fresh Chinese pea pods
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 8 ounces thin linguine
- Combine chicken, soy sauce, sherry and cornstarch and marinate. Cook 8 ounces thin linguine and drain.
- Stir-fry in 1/4 cup oil the mushrooms, scallions, pea pods and red pepper.
- Cook until just tender.
- Remove vegetables.
- Add chicken mixture and stir-fry until browned.
- Add vegetables to chicken with 1/2 cup water and 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon.
- Add cooked linguine and toss together.
- Add soy sauce to taste.
Very good. Spaghetti can be used instead of linguine. Adding a splash or two of sesame seed oil gives it a good little bit of flavor.
Your tasty recipe sure pleased my husband. I added cooked Lo Mein noodles (used about 4 ounces of an 8 ounce box.) Thanx, Tonkcats!