Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 2 whole chicken breasts, skinned and boned
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 (8 ounce) package linguine
- 1⁄4 cup salad oil
- 1⁄2 lb mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 lb pea pods
- 2 green onions
- 1 large red pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chicken flavor instant bouillon
- Start cooking linguine.
- Soak cut up breast with soy sauce and cornstarch, set aside. In hot oil over medium-high heat, cook mushrooms, pea pods, green onions and peppers about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove vegetables.
- Cook chicken strips about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Return vegetables to pan and add bouillon and 1/2 cup water.
- Heat to boiling.
- Add cooked linguine and mix well.
Made this for dinner the other night! This was fast and cheaper than take-out! Very good recipe..thank you for sharing.
We all liked this - I used a chicken substitute since I was feeding vegetarians, and used real lo mein noodles from the refrigerated section of the Asian supermarket. Yum.
I like more ingredients than noodles, so I doubled the chicken (diced chicken tenders from Market Day, a school fundraiser--great, because they're already cooked, only need to be thawed) and green onions. Used broccoli instead of pea pods. Should have added more red pepper. Sauce was a little too salty for me; didn't quite double that (there wasn't much at the bottom when I stored the leftovers). I'll hold onto this recipe and maybe try it again with some alterations to the sauce.