Recipe by mosma
I love Chinese food and I'm always looking for recipes. I don't remember where this came from, but it's good!
Top Review by Linda V.
I have a question. It says to add 2 1/2 tsp of sugar to the chicken. Later on it says to add remaining sugar to the chicken broth mixture. How much sugar am I supposed to add to the chicken broth mix. Thanks.
- 2 chicken breast halves, cut into thin strips
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons white sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar, plus
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce, divided
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth, plus
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 0.5 (12 ounce) packageuncooked linguine
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄4 lb fresh shiitake mushroom, stemmed and sliced
- 3 green onions, sliced diagonally into 1/2 inch pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium, non-reactive bowl, combine the chicken with 2 1/2 teaspoons of white sugar, 1 1/2 tablespoons vinegar and 1/4 cup soy sauce. Mix this together and coat the chicken well. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- In another medium bowl, combine the chicken broth, water, sesame oil and ground black pepper with the remaining sugar, vinegar and soy sauce. In a separate small bowl, dissolve the cornstarch with some of this mixture and slowly add to the bulk of the mixture, stirring well. Set aside.
- Cook the linguine according to package directions, drain and set aside. Heat 1 tablespoon of the vegetable oil in a wok or large saucepan over high heat until it starts to smoke. Add the chicken and stir-fry for 4 to 5 minutes, or until browned. Transfer this and all juices to a warm plate.
- Heat the remaining vegetable oil in the wok or pan over high heat. Add the ginger, garlic, mushrooms and green onions, and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add the reserved sauce mixture and then the chicken. Simmer until the sauce begins to thicken, about 2 minutes. Add the reserved noodles and toss gently, coating everything well with the sauce.