Recipe by Wildflour
The first dish DH ever made for me! I absolutely LOVE this stuff!! Easy to make and WAY less expensive than carry-out!! We finally made it and measured everything! Hope you try it, it's really good!
Top Review by mmmyumm
Thank you soooo much for sharing this recipe!! I just finish serving this to my family. They were standing in line at the stove for the last bit in the pot... DH was standing in wait to see if any would be left for him (like throwing him a bone or something) but none was left. Its a keeper!!! I only change one thing... instead of the skinless boneless chicken breast... I used skinless, boneless chicken thighs (juicy and tender). I did add can mushrooms, sweet white onion, green onion and much much slaw mix ( we love veggies). Again terrific!!! FIVE STARS for quickness, flavor, easy, bring family together and fun to eat (13 year old son threw that in!!!).
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil, divided
- 3 (3 ounce) packages oriental-flavor instant ramen noodles, reserve 2 seasoning packets
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, we use the Lite Soy sauce
- 2 cups coleslaw mix, packed
- 4 eggs, hard-boiled, sliced
- In large, deep frying pan with lid, place chicken breasts seasoned with salt and pepper, into 1 Tbl. olive oil and 1 teaspoon sesame oil.
- Cook over medium heat, covered, for 20 minutes, turning ocaisionally, til chicken is done.
- Remove chicken from pan to cool slightly. Cut into bite-sized pieces, toss with 1 teaspoon sesame oil, cover and set aside. Do not drain frying pan. Add 1 1/2 Tbl. sesame oil to pan.
- In pot, boil 3 pkgs. Ramen noodles for 3 minutes.
- Drain and RINSE WELL.
- Drain again and add to frying pan with 2 Tbl. soy sauce, cole slaw mix, reserved chicken and 2 of the seasoning packets from noodles.
- Stir fry, stirring, over med-low heat for 3-5 minutes or til cabbage mix is tender and all is well mixed.
- Top each individual serving with sliced or chopped egg if desired.
- Also serve with additional soy sauce if desired.
- Makes 4-6 servings.
- *Do not substitute another oil for the sesame oil! That's what really makes this dish.
- Nice additions: mushrooms, pea pods, water chestnuts, cooked broccoli and baby corn.