The first dish DH ever made for me! I absolutely LOVE this stuff!! Easy to make and WAY less expensive than carry-out!! We finally made it and measured everything! Hope you try it, it's really good!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil, divided
- 3 (3 ounce) packages oriental-flavor instant ramen noodles, reserve 2 seasoning packets
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, we use the Lite Soy sauce
- 2 cups coleslaw mix, packed
- 4 eggs, hard-boiled, sliced
- In large, deep frying pan with lid, place chicken breasts seasoned with salt and pepper, into 1 Tbl. olive oil and 1 teaspoon sesame oil.
- Cook over medium heat, covered, for 20 minutes, turning ocaisionally, til chicken is done.
- Remove chicken from pan to cool slightly. Cut into bite-sized pieces, toss with 1 teaspoon sesame oil, cover and set aside. Do not drain frying pan. Add 1 1/2 Tbl. sesame oil to pan.
- In pot, boil 3 pkgs. Ramen noodles for 3 minutes.
- Drain and RINSE WELL.
- Drain again and add to frying pan with 2 Tbl. soy sauce, cole slaw mix, reserved chicken and 2 of the seasoning packets from noodles.
- Stir fry, stirring, over med-low heat for 3-5 minutes or til cabbage mix is tender and all is well mixed.
- Top each individual serving with sliced or chopped egg if desired.
- Also serve with additional soy sauce if desired.
- Makes 4-6 servings.
- *Do not substitute another oil for the sesame oil! That's what really makes this dish.
- Nice additions: mushrooms, pea pods, water chestnuts, cooked broccoli and baby corn.