1/4 Photos of Chicken Lo Mein
The first dish DH ever made for me! I absolutely LOVE this stuff!! Easy to make and WAY less expensive than carry-out!! We finally made it and measured everything! Hope you try it, it's really good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil, divided
- 3 (3 ounce) packages oriental-flavor instant ramen noodles, reserve 2 seasoning packets
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, we use the Lite Soy sauce
- 2 cups coleslaw mix, packed
- 4 eggs, hard-boiled, sliced
- 1In large, deep frying pan with lid, place chicken breasts seasoned with salt and pepper, into 1 Tbl. olive oil and 1 teaspoon sesame oil.
- 2Cook over medium heat, covered, for 20 minutes, turning ocaisionally, til chicken is done.
- 3Remove chicken from pan to cool slightly. Cut into bite-sized pieces, toss with 1 teaspoon sesame oil, cover and set aside. Do not drain frying pan. Add 1 1/2 Tbl. sesame oil to pan.
- 4In pot, boil 3 pkgs. Ramen noodles for 3 minutes.
- 5Drain and RINSE WELL.
- 6Drain again and add to frying pan with 2 Tbl. soy sauce, cole slaw mix, reserved chicken and 2 of the seasoning packets from noodles.
- 7Stir fry, stirring, over med-low heat for 3-5 minutes or til cabbage mix is tender and all is well mixed.
- 8Top each individual serving with sliced or chopped egg if desired.
- 9Also serve with additional soy sauce if desired.
- 10Makes 4-6 servings.
- 11*Do not substitute another oil for the sesame oil! That's what really makes this dish.
- 12Nice additions: mushrooms, pea pods, water chestnuts, cooked broccoli and baby corn.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Lo Mein
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 659.3
- Calories from Fat 271
- Total Fat 30.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 294.9 mg
- Sodium 2107.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 50.6 g