Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A simple recipe for Chicken Lo Mein...not to expensive either.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into strips (about 3/4 lb.)
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce or 3 tablespoons regular soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon szechuan seasoning (optional)
- 2 (3 ounce) packages chicken-flavored ramen noodles
- 1 (16 ounce) packagefrozen stir fry vegetables
- In wok or large skillet, combine chicken, water, soy sauce, garlic Szechuan seasoning, and seasoning packets from noodle; bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Break ramen noodles into pieces; add to skillet. Stir in vegetables.
- Cover and cook for 5 to 7 minutes; stirring occasionally, until noodles are tender and water is absorbed.
I LOVE how simple this was to cook! I tweaked it quite a bit. Instead of chicken breast I just used diced chicken, I added a pinch of chicken bouillon, and only used one packet of the seasoning instead of two. I also didn't add veggies due to the fact that my place doesn't have any and we're poor college students, haha. But this was so good! I will definitely be making it again.
This was good and easy to make. I followed the recipe as written other then I didn't use the optional seasoning. Next time I would cut the chicken up a lot smaller instead of strips. Next time I would also only use one packet of the Ramen seasoning.
This was so easy to make on a busy night - I really appreciated the speediness of this recipe. I used fresh veggies instead of the frozen veggies. I got a little crazy with the Szechuan seasoning but that just made it better in my opinion:) Thanks for sharing!