Prep 8 mins
Cook 17 mins
This was one of my Mom's favorite dishes. She made it at least every 2 weeks! I always tried to be around when she cooked this, because I loved it, but my kids would have had a fit if I made it for OUR supper!!
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage
- 1 cup rice
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 lb chicken liver, cut in half
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Mix water with next 5 ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, add rice.
- Cover and simmer for 17 minutes, until water is absorbed.
- Mix flour, salt, pepper, and paprika in a bag.
- Add chicken livers and shake to coat.
- Heat oil in skillet on med hi.
- Brown livers, stirring for 5 minutes, or until done, may have to do this in batches.
- Add more oil if needed.
- Remove from skillet, keep warm.
- Stir fry onion in same skillet, with water for 2 minutes.
- Return chicken livers and mix well.
- Put rice on plate, top with chicken livers.
Followed the recipe except added 1/3 cup celery to rice mixture. Met expectations
We really enjoyed this recipe. I added alittle chicken bouillon powder to the spices in the water while boiling. The rice had a really great flavor from the sage. DH loves chicken livers and this was a new experience for him cause I don't usually add onion when frying. It turned out very good. Thanks for sharing your mothers favorite dish.