Montana Heart Song's Note:
This is an easy recipe.Prepare the onions, peppers,livers. Refrigerate.Quick and easy to saute. I have also made this with sautéed green tomatoes and it was wonderful.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g chicken liver, rinsed, cut in half, dried
- 1 large sweet white onion, sliced in rounds
- 3-4 green peppers, cored, seeded and cut in rounds
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 29.58-44.37 ml cornstarch
- 1 egg
- 14.79 ml cold water
- 118.29 ml white flour
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml white pepper
- 170.09 g can tomato sauce
- 1.23 ml sugar (optional)
- 0.59 ml chili pepper
- 0.19-0.26 ml Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 1In large deep skillet, add olive oil and preheat to medium heat.
- 2Toss in the green pepper and sweet onion, saute quickly. Lift out on toweled plate. Pat towels on top to remove oil.
- 3In medium bowl, beat egg until frothy and cold water.
- 4Place flour in a flat pan with the salt and pepper.
- 5Put cornstarch in a ziplock bag, a little at a time, add a few dry chicken livers and shake shake shake. Remove the livers from the bag. and coat in the egg mixture then in flour mixture and place in a heated pan.
- 6Do this until all chicken livers are coated and placed in the pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 7Sauté until golden, turning over once or twice. Place on a heat proof plate, cover and keep warm in 250°F oven.
- 8Return the sautéed green peppers and onions to the pan and add tomato sauce,sugar if desired, sprinkle with chili pepper and Tabasco if desired.
- 9Stir around until simmering.
- 10Serve with hot buttered noodles or rice.
- 11In a large deep serving platter, spoon noodles around the edges, then the peppers and onions and then place the livers on top.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Livers With Onions & Green Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 180.0
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 222.6 mg
- Sodium 454.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 12.0 g