Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is an easy recipe.Prepare the onions, peppers,livers. Refrigerate.Quick and easy to saute. I have also made this with sautéed green tomatoes and it was wonderful.
- 1 lb chicken liver, rinsed, cut in half, dried
- 1 large sweet white onion, sliced in rounds
- 3 -4 green peppers, cored, seeded and cut in rounds
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1⁄2 cup white flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon chili pepper
- 3 -4 drops Tabasco sauce (optional)
- In large deep skillet, add olive oil and preheat to medium heat.
- Toss in the green pepper and sweet onion, saute quickly. Lift out on toweled plate. Pat towels on top to remove oil.
- In medium bowl, beat egg until frothy and cold water.
- Place flour in a flat pan with the salt and pepper.
- Put cornstarch in a ziplock bag, a little at a time, add a few dry chicken livers and shake shake shake. Remove the livers from the bag. and coat in the egg mixture then in flour mixture and place in a heated pan.
- Do this until all chicken livers are coated and placed in the pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Sauté until golden, turning over once or twice. Place on a heat proof plate, cover and keep warm in 250°F oven.
- Return the sautéed green peppers and onions to the pan and add tomato sauce,sugar if desired, sprinkle with chili pepper and Tabasco if desired.
- Stir around until simmering.
- Serve with hot buttered noodles or rice.
- In a large deep serving platter, spoon noodles around the edges, then the peppers and onions and then place the livers on top.