Barb Gertz's Note:
This recipe was sent to me by my daughter Peggy, She said that this is very good. The recipe comes from Gourmet Magazine 10/80.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pat dry the chicken livers, trim and separate into lobes.
- 2Dredge in flour seasoned with salt and pepper, shake off excess flour.
- 3In a large skillet heat the butter and oil, over moderately high heat, until fat is hot.
- 4Add chicken livers, sauté for 2 to 3 minutes or until they are browned on the outside but still pink within.
- 5Transfer the livers with slotted spoon to a bowl.
- 6Add to skillet the minced shallots and mustard seed and sauté the mixture for 1 minute or until mustard seed begins to pop.
- 7Add the white wine and reduce it, stirring, to about 1/3 cup.
- 8Stir in the chicken broth.
- 9Reduce the liquid, stirring, until it is thickened.
- 10Add the livers and the minced parsley leaves.
- 11Toss the livers to coat with the sauce, and heat mixture over low heat, shaking the skillet, until the livers are just heated through.
- 12Transfer to heated serving dish.
- 13Serve with rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Livers With Mustard Seed
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 702.4
- Calories from Fat 391
- Total Fat 43.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 815.4 mg
- Sodium 430.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 46.7 g