Recipe by Shar-on
I found this recipe in my high school home ec cookbook - "Canadian Cook Book". I don't thick I have made this. I am posting this recipe responding to a request for a recipe with chicken livers. Hope you enjoy it.
- 1 lb chicken liver
- 1⁄2 lb sliced mushrooms
- 1 (10 ounce) canCampbell's regular condensed mushroom soup
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked rice (about 1/2 cup rice before cooking)
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash livers and saute' them with the sliced mushrooms in butter.
- Empty the condensed soup into a cassrole dish, stirring in the milk, adding liver, mushrooms, rice and parsley and onion.
- Bake at 350 degF for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve topped with the almonds.