Recipe by Gerry sans Sanddunes
Whenever Bali Hai calls, (and you cannot afford the trip), this recipe turns the humble and inexpensive liver-of-chickens into something special ... and worth singing about.
Top Review by Vickatjie
Great recipe, thank you! Added a whole fresh chilly (a bit too much in retrospect, so 1/2 would have been enough), a pinch of fresh grated ginger, a pinch of ground coriander seeds, a few mushrooms and some fresh coriander at the end and it was amazing!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 lb chicken liver
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, ground
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon rind, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in frying pan over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic, and chili powder and saute for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add livers and saute until they are cooked through but still pink inside.
- Lower heat.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over rice.