Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
The wine adds a distinct flavor. I served this over a bed of Onion Mashed Potatoes #20272
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, separated (2 + 3)
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lb chicken liver
- 3⁄4 cup dry red wine
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in non-stick skillet and saute onions and mushrooms until tender.
- Put aside.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, salt, pepper, paprika and garlic powder.
- Coat the livers in the dry mixture.
- Heat 3 tbsp of oil in non-stick skillet and fry livers until almost done.
- Reduce heat, adding onions, mushrooms and wine.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for 30 minutes.
Wonderful Easy Receipe. I used Fresh Mushrooms gave the dish a nice flavor and apperance. Harry of Fort Pierce, FL