Recipe by Doreen Randal
Very tasty, I didn't any have bok choy, so tried it with white cabbage leaves, worked ok.
- 400 -500 g chicken livers
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chicken stock powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 -3 tablespoons oil
- 1 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 3 bok choy, washed
- 3 tablespoons black bean sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim livers, discarding any core part. Cut into 2cm pieces.
- Place livers in a bowl with the soy sauce, sherry, salt, sugar, pepper and stock powder.
- Marinate 5 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and quickly cook the chicken livers over a high heat until almost cooked.
- This is best done in two batches.
- Transfer to a plate. Add the capsicum to the pan and cook 1 minute. Tear the large bok choy leave in halve lengthwise. Add all the leaves to the pan and sprinkle the livers on top.
- Cover and cook 1 minutes.
- Mix together the sauce ingredients and pour into the pan.
- Toss until the sauce is hot and the bok choy has wilted and the livers just cooked.
- Season with salt and pepper if wished and serve on noodles.