Recipe by L. Duch
I had some of these at a wedding reception. Luckily the hostess let me in on the ingredients. I just played around with the timing and amounts per appetizer and found the right taste. They are really good and the chessnut really adds a delightful ((crunch)).
Top Review by sher440
Yep - been making Ramaki for 40 yrs now BUT have recently changed it: I sometimes use pineapple chunks. With or without the water chestnut. With or without the liver. Everyone loves it! And, I always bake them in the oven with brown sugar drowning them...a party fav for years.
- 1 package chicken liver, cut to bite size pieces
- 1 can sliced water, chestnuts
- 1 package bacon, strips cut in half
Directions See How It's Made
- wrap a piece of liver, along with a slice of water chestnut in a slice of bacon.
- Secure with tooth pick.
- Do this until ingredients are used up.
- Put under broiler and broil until bacon is browned but still pliable or until desired doneness of bacon.
- The liver cooks very quickly, so basically it's the bacon that you are waiting for, to be sure it is cooked.
- The yield depends on how many livers and chestnuts you have.