Recipe by Catnip46
Pastry shells filled with delicious chicken livers. Easy to make.
Top Review by Kerfuffle-Upon-Wincle
Very good! I quartered my livers and sliced the mushrooms instead of chopping them, and added a bit of salt and pepper. I made half the recipe and did use the chicken broth. I've always loved chicken liver! Made for Spring Photo Tag.
- 1 (10 ounce) package pastry shells
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb chicken liver, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake the pastry according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a skillet. Add the chicken livers and saute gently for 3 to 4 minutes, until lightly browned. Remove from the skillet.
- Add the onion to the skillet and saute until softened.
- Add the mushrooms and saute for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in the flour, then the broth. Simmer, stirring, for about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the chicken livers.
- Remove the "lids" from the pastry shells and spoon the filling into the shells.
- Sprinkle with the cheese.
- Replace the lids and serve.