I created this dish when my husband asked for some organic chicken livers and didn't want my usual way of making them. I met the challenge; he raved and I was pretty surprised myself at how delicious this simple recipe tasted. Luckily I have more livers in the freezer because I'm already wanting more. If you like chicken livers you will love this recipe....and it only takes 30 minutes to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat large skillet on medium high heat for a minute, then add the butter and oil.
- 2Saute the onions for 2 minutes, then add the mushrooms and cook, stirring, until the onions become translucent and the mushrooms begin to give off some liquid.
- 3This should take about another 3 minutes.
- 4Remove the vegetables from the pan and set aside while the livers are cooking.
- 5Add the livers to the hot skillet, adding a little more oil/butter if needed.
- 6Saute the livers for about 3 minutes, but do not overcook.
- 7Return the vegetables to the skillet with the livers.
- 8Add the seasonings and stir to combine.
- 9Add the sour cream and stir to combine.
- 10Allow to heat thoroughly, but do not let the sour cream boil or it will curdle.
- 11Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- 12Serve this stroganoff with hot fluffy rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Livers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Liver Stroganoff
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 384.7
- Calories from Fat 262
- Total Fat 29.1 g
- Saturated Fat 14.2 g
- Cholesterol 443.8 mg
- Sodium 193.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 23.0 g