Recipe by Bergy
If you like liver I think you'll like this recipe. I like to serve them over wide buttered noodles
Top Review by Gerry sans Sanddunes
Not being a fixated-sexist who only values a chicken's breasts, served this with a salad of spinach leaves, with sorbet to follow. A splendid, tasty meal! Used FULL FAT sour cream ... did not put in the onions or serve with noodles as we had neither ... and it was wonderful! Thank you Bergy
- 12 ounces chicken livers, separated and membrane removed
- 2 tablespoons flour, divided
- 2 teaspoons margarine or 2 teaspoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 pinch dried thyme
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream or 1⁄2 cup single cream
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Dry the livers on paper towels.
- sprinkle with 1 tbsp flour.
- Melt margarine in a fry pan, saute the onion until softened.
- Add livers saute for about 3 minutes or until just browned.
- Add mushrooms, worcestershire sauce, chile sauce, thyme and pepper.
- Saute 5 minutes.
- Combine sour cream and the remaining flour, mix well.
- Stir into the liver mixture and bring to just boiling.
- Remove from heat sprinkle with parsley and Serve.