Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
If you like liver I think you'll like this recipe. I like to serve them over wide buttered noodles
- 12 ounces chicken livers, separated and membrane removed
- 2 tablespoons flour, divided
- 2 teaspoons margarine or 2 teaspoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 pinch dried thyme
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream or 1⁄2 cup single cream
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- salt & pepper
- Dry the livers on paper towels.
- sprinkle with 1 tbsp flour.
- Melt margarine in a fry pan, saute the onion until softened.
- Add livers saute for about 3 minutes or until just browned.
- Add mushrooms, worcestershire sauce, chile sauce, thyme and pepper.
- Saute 5 minutes.
- Combine sour cream and the remaining flour, mix well.
- Stir into the liver mixture and bring to just boiling.
- Remove from heat sprinkle with parsley and Serve.
Not being a fixated-sexist who only values a chicken's breasts, served this with a salad of spinach leaves, with sorbet to follow. A splendid, tasty meal! Used FULL FAT sour cream ... did not put in the onions or serve with noodles as we had neither ... and it was wonderful! Thank you Bergy
I honestly found this the most bizarre recipe I have ever made. My husband suggested it, but for me all I could taste was the chilli sauce. It may have been more palatable with rice but as it was, the noodles were completely at odds with the texture of the dish. Sorry Bergy not for me.
I loved this! I used shallots instead of onion but want to try vidalia onions too. Next time I will use less Worcestershire though. but really filling, cheap, fast and yummy!