- 3 chicken livers
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice, ground
- 1 bay leaf, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peppercorn, ground
- 2 dried funghi porcini
- 2 white mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon madeira wine
- 2 tablespoons cognac
- 1 shallot, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinate livers in the cognac overnight. Drain Soak dried mushroom in hot water for 1 hour.
- Drain it squeezing out all the liquid Melt 1 tbs butter in a pan Add the livers, onion, mushroom and garlic. Cook until almost all the red has disappeared.
- Add the cream, the funghi, and the spices and cook to reduce by half over high heat. Turn off heat, process everything and mix in the butter while still hot..
- Pour into a mold and refrigerate If you like you may top it with gelatin